Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It has been a little over 5 months since the car accident.  God has been so good to us!!! We had a nice Christmas with Don's parents here.  I think the visit was therapeutic for them to be able to see Brittany and Erika doing better.

 The big news is Brittany returned to school full time on January 9.  She was excited to do this.  She has missed her normal routine and of course all her friends.  It is a long day for Brittany and she is tired, but it is a good tired. Pray that she will be able to keep up.  Brittany continues physical therapy 2x's a week and continues to get stronger.  Next on her agenda is to start driving again, take the driving course and get her license that she had planned to get last August.

Erika is doing wonderful.  She finished her physical therapy in December.  She can do anything in gym class!!
The wound on Erika's head continues to heal, but not at the rate we would like.  She wants to hit the pool so we are working diligently to get this healed.

Donald and Brianna continue to be troopers. 

As our family has healed physically I ask that you continue to pray for our emotional well being.  Pray that each of us can adapt and accept the changes that have occurred as a result of the accident.  No matter how subtle change is hard to accept. 

I ask specifically that you pray for me.  I think the stress of it all has hit my body (specifically my neck and back).  I'm trying some physical therapy myself.  I also am working hard to let the kids do the things that they enjoyed before the accident.  It is hard because I just want them close to home.

I had good intentions of sending out Christmas cards, but it just didn't happen.  I got a beautiful picture frame with several pictures of the kids.  My friend said what else could you get for Christmas you already have the best gift.  She was so right. 

My prayer for you is that God will bless you in 2012.  Your love and concern has blessed and will continue to bless us.

Jennifer

For those that want to continue to hear how the kids are doing particularly Brittany I plan on posting/reflecting on the 7th of each month. 

1 comment:

  1. Such good news, I have no idea how a parent gets through these things. I just want both of you to know that you are in my thoughts daily.

    ReplyDelete